Tuesday, April 15, 2008

1992-1994: Leo Burnett:, Procter &Gamble, Telco


This is an old poster that I preserved for sentimental reasons! My first national campaign of significance. P&G was a learning experience. I learned film making while on this brand. We did an intro and a theme commercial. Both were done by Mahesh Mathai . His wife Srila was the production in charge and here too, I picked up a lot about planning and costing a shoot. Ken Ghosh did the launch AV which was a musical and a fantastic hit with the sales team which included a lot of Godrej employees.
Arvind Sharma took a lot of interest and Chax was hands on as far as creative went. Anand Tendolkar was my boss and he gave me a lot of freedom. Sunil Balagopal was the Brand Manager with Raghuvesh Swarup and we got along splendidly. Sunil in fact was my client on Old Spice and on his request I was brought in on Camay!
Vivek Kapoor was the Category Head on this brand and he was brilliant. Hoshi Press was a storehouse of knowledge on the workings at the retail level and here too one learned a lot.

Amit Srivastava , who later went on to become a star in strategy planning, started his career with me on this brand and joined me as my executive. Was exceptionally bright and well read and a thinking man's ad guy even then.


Telco was my other account and we did a lot of work on recruitment, commercial vehicles and a bit of corporate. BVR Subbu was my client here and I happened to be one of the few agency reps whom he acknowledged as competent!! BVR later went on to make history with the launch of Hyundai as a brand.

No comments: